Usually, most people suffer from headaches at one point of time or the other in their lives. Common headaches are triggered due to variety of causes with stress being the major reason out of these. Also skipping of meals, dehydration, lack of proper rest and sleep, extreme physical and mental exertion may cause headaches. Such headaches generally get relieved or treated automatically or by using some pain-killers or analgesics.
However, some people may be seen suffering from headache chronically. It means they keep on experiencing headaches in routine for 10-15 days at a stretch. They may complain of headaches on daily basis. It may start interfering with routine life and activities. Such headaches are definitely a matter of worry. Proper and effective treatment options such as Baba Ramdev Health pack For Chronic Headache need to be used in such cases.
What actually causes chronic headaches?
Definitely, there are some specific reasons for occurrence of chronic headaches. There is multitude of reasons or triggering factors for chronic headaches as listed below.
- People who have suffered from distressing brain injury may suffer from chronic headaches. It may be due to severe damage caused to certain parts of the brain. As a result, normal brain functions are affected in a negative way. Hence headaches may be experienced by such people o￼n daily basis.
- In some cases, inflammation or other problems with the blood vessels present in and around the brain may also result in chronic headaches. Brain stroke is also one among such issues. Due to inflammation, the normal supply of blood and oxygen to the brain cells is obstructed. As a consequent of this, chronic headaches are caused.
- Those who suffer from certain infections including meningitis are also at high risk of suffering from headaches chronically. Again normal brain functions get affected in this case. This in turn gives rise to the problem of chronic headache.
- Brain tumour is also one among the major reasons for occurrence of chronic headache. Due to presence of tumour in the brain, the brain cells don’t get nutrients, blood and oxygen normally for their routine functions. As a consequent of this, chronic headaches are experienced by the patients.
- Chronic headaches may be triggered due to excessively high or low intracranial pressure as well.
What are the risk factors for occurrence of chronic headaches?
There are certain risk factors that may increase the risk of occurrence of chronic headaches in some people as compared to others.
- People who are exposed to stress, tension and anxiety frequently are at high risk of suffering from chronic headaches.
- Women are comparatively at high risk of suffering from such headaches as compared to men. It is due to hormonal changes in the bodies of women every month at the time of menstrual periods or menopause.
- Problems in sleeping properly and soundly may also result in chronic headaches.
- Those who consume caffeine in various forms excessively may also fall prey to headaches chronically.
- Those who take pain-killers or analgesics for headache relief quite frequently may also become victims of this problem.
Proper guidance and medication may help in overcoming the problem of chronic headaches in an efficient manner.